This little swap will be similar to some of the ones I have participated in before - for instance, the Four Seasons Quilt Swap or Toni's Miniature Booty Swap. There will be no theme for this swap, though I do ask you try to bear in mind the preferences of the partner you are assigned. Also, please try to keep away from themes that may not be appropriate to other swappers - for instance, religious, holiday or patriotic themes (unless specified under likes, of course).
Quilts should be 12" square minimum and 20" square maximum. They do not have to be square, of course. All quilts should be finished (that is, quilted and bound) and should include a label on the reverse with your name, location, date and your partner's name, as well as the name of this swap. You may include other information if you like, such as a message or a quote. Because these are small quilts intended for display rather than use, you may include surface embellishment techniques such as beading, embroidery, fabric painting and so on, but please ensure any technique you use is durable (though washability is not required).
Any technique or style is allowed, including wholecloth quilts or art quilts - and traditional quilts are welcome as well - so if you have a dislike of a particular style, be sure to note it when signing up.
This will not be a straight swap - that is, it's possible that the person you send to will also send to you, but then again, they might not (it will all depend on no's 6&7 below, and on who signs up).
At the moment I am planning to take 25-30 signups for this swap; it's possible that will change if I get a huge response (edited to say: I got 15 people in the first 24 hours - if that's a trend, I think I will certainly let it go up to at least 40 people - I hate to disappoint - but assuming all goes well, I will run another one later in the year). I am hoping to get partners assigned and sent out by the 1st of May; you must post your quilt to the recipient by the 1st of July. I may be able to get partners assigned sooner if signups go quickly - which they are, at the moment - who knows, if things continue at this rate, I'll be able to get partners out next week!
If you are interested in playing, you should send me an email (to email@example.com, with ALQS or Another Little Quilt Swap in the subject line) with the information below included. I will respond to all emails to acknowledge them, so if you do not hear from me within 48 hours, you should either try again or leave a message here (though obviously not with your details in it)...
- Full Name
- postal address
- email address
- blog/flickr address, etc (this is not required to play, though I do prefer it; if you don't have a blog (etc)and I don't know you from other swapping forums, I may ask for a reference from someone who has swapped with you before)
- any dislikes in terms of colour, fabric style or theme?
- any particular favourite colours or styles?
- international posting - unless you have strong objections, I will assume everyone is willing to post internationally. If this is a serious issue for you, please let me know and I will do my best to assign you a partner within your own country - obviously this depends on who signs up, so I can't guarantee it.
- partner preferences - again, I can't guarantee specific partners as I don't know who will sign up, but if there is someone you would particularly like to make a quilt for or someone you have just made a quilt for in another swap and would therefore rather not make another quilt for right away, please let me know and I'll do the best I can to juggle the partners to fit.