Sunday 12 October 2008

Progress?

Lots of you have been making progress with your quilts - thanks to those who have sent photos or dropped me a note to keep me up to date. I have had a gobsmackingly busy September, and October looks busy too, so forgive me if I don't get back to you quite as quickly as I normally would. If you have a moment, do have a quick look around our member blogs - there are some lovely quilts being made. And I'll have a few more to show here before long - there's at least one email waiting on that topic!

A general reminder that you have only a month to finish your quilt and mail it out - mailing deadlin is 10 November. That used to seem like a long way away, but it's getting scarily close, isn't it. Yes, I'm among those who haven't started. But it's getting closer to the top of my list.

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am with you Kate....I have thought about what I am going to do....and it is moving close to the top of the list...but have had to push a baby quilt to the top of the list with the arrival of my first grand daughter (following on from four grand sons!)....we only had seven weeks to prepare...long story but Jo carries babies somewhere undetectable until there is no more room (where ever they are hiding!) and suddenly she goes from flat to fat in a matter of days.....even she doesn't know they are there....!!! All good...little Ryley arrived on Tuesday last week...!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I completed my top today, just somme little applique to add and then layering, quilting, binding and it's finished

and I can tell you, it already looks wonderful now, but you have to wait a little more to discover

mean me, ;o)))))

black bear cabin said...

i get so caught up in making my quilt, that i almost forget that i will be receiving one too :)
wont be long now!
cheers!

Barb's Blurbs said...

Hey! I have my fabric and pattern decided on! I went to what purports to be the 'largest fabric store in the US'...Fabric Depot in Portland. They were having a sale, too! I wandered around until something hit me and bam! I had found the various fabrics selected and cut and out the door in an hour! I will post a pix of the fabric on my blog later this week! Now, to get busy reading the directions and cutting carefully!

Qubie said...

My top is completed I just need to get the binding and label on. You can see a pic at my blog. I hope to getit in the mail next week.

Mom said...

Mine is done and will be mailed Tuesday. I have posted fuzzy, cryptic sneak peeks on my blog. Full pictures will come after it is received, as it has areas of personalization that may be interpreted by the recipient.
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

susan said...

i am afraid i am one of those that hasnt started. i have picked out my fabrics and design, but i need to make a shop sample first. this is my next project tho! so i cant wait to get started

Paula, the quilter said...

I'm done! Yipee! Well, except for a hanging system of some sort and the labeling. So, I guess I'm not quite finished. I'll be posting about it after I hear from the recipient. You can get a sneak peak on this post.